Contemporary learning preparing students for whatever the future holds.
Every child is different and so is his or her learning journey
Our approach to learning puts the growth of each individual child at the heart of schooling. Schools in the Diocese of Parramatta are places of wonder, exploration and endless possibilities. St Joseph's welcomes and truly values each student in our diverse and multicultural learning community.
Each child’s unique strengths and needs guide the design of the learning opportunities we provide to our students.
After all, learning how to learn is equally important as what we learn!
Inspired learning starts with highly motivated and professional teachers
Like you, we know that great teachers make a real difference in a child’s life. Our teachers are lifelong learners too and regularly undertake professional development to keep up to date with current best practice in education. Our expert teachers will tailor teaching to meet your child at their point of need, track how they are progressing, and respond with extra support when needed.
Our learning journey
The Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese Learning Journey honours the developmental stages in a student’s life. Based on leading educational research and the best of today’s technologies, we prepare students for the workplaces of the future by teaching them how to think critically and creatively, how to communicate effectively and how to work collaboratively.
Our learning spaces
The learning spaces at St Joseph's are designed to enhance the learning opportunities of our students. From the latest technology to flexible seating options and adaptable class sizes, students will learn how to work both independently and as part of a small or large group depending on the task at hand.
Our library is a places of exploration and inquiry. Through access to our library resources and services, students develop a range of learning capabilities that thrive on curiosity, creativity, imagination and innovation.
Our learning statements
Our educational practice is expressed in our learning statements, based on sound educational research and formulated in consultation with staff, parents and children.
- Children learn best in a supportive and empowering environment where children are motivated and inspired by their teachers.
- Children learn best when they are encouraged, take responsibility for their learning, and have the opportunity to reflect on and demonstrate their learning.
- Children learn best when teachers and parents work in partnership accepting, acknowledging and celebrating each child’s personal achievements.
- Children learn best when learning is purposeful and engaging, using learning activities that are well-structured, modified and relevant.
- Children learn best when teachers work as a team, plan collaboratively and draw on expertise within and beyond the school, e.g. teacher librarian, special education, ESL.
- Children learn best in a social context where they develop the skills of listening, discussion, cooperation, and reflection.
- Children learn best in an environment of wellbeing and positive mental health.
Endless possibilities with learning partners
Our learning approach makes a welcome space for parents, carers and other valued partners to engage with our learners in a deeply personalised, anywhere, anytime approach to learning.
As part of a system of Catholic schools in the Diocese of Parramatta, we also benefit from formal agreements with many institutions that form a wide network of strategic relationships and collaborations to advance research, teaching and innovation in Catholic schools across Greater Western Sydney.
We help students be the best learners they can be
Contact St Joseph's today to learn more.